This Saturday, June 2, is our spring Tacoma meeting, Saturday, June 2, at the University of Puget Sound, Wyatt Hall, Room 109 (where we met in Spring 2016). The University of Puget Sound is at 1500 North Warner, Tacoma. The meeting will be 11:00AM - 4:00 PM.
Directions to University of Puget Sound’s Wyatt Hall, from I-5:
• Exit I-5 at Exit 132 (Northbound) or Exit 132B (Southbound) for Highway 16 West towards Bremerton;
• Exit Highway 16 at Exit 1B for Union Avenue.
• Take a right on Union Avenue. After roughly 2 miles, you’ll eventually see UPS on your right; Pass the baseball field and football stadium;
• Take a right on N 14th into parking adjacent to Wyatt Hall.
Here is a tentative speaker lineup (presentation order may be rearranged later):
• Ryan Divish, Seattle Times – Q&A with the Seattle Times’ Mariners Beat Writer
• Tacoma Rainiers Representative – Business Operations of the AAA Tacoma Rainiers
• Steve Steinberg – Heroes, Goats, and Myths: 1926 World Series, Game Seven
• Mark Armour – In Search of the Perfect Platoon (a follow-up to Mark's Portland meeting presentation)
• Rob Bauer – Gilded Age Gladiators: Hot Springs, Arkansas, and the First Major League Baseball Spring Training
Following the meeting, at around 4:00 PM, we will adjourn to Cheney Stadium to watch the Rainiers host the Salt Lake Bees (the Angels' AAA affiliate). First pitch is at 5:05